Saturday, April 07, 2007

Aquatic Appetizers

Again, from Nina Camic's trips, this one to SouthWestern France.



Beautiful! But I'm glad that they're appetizers. There doesn't appear to be enough to satisfy my total appetite!
The oysters look great, of course.
The snails (I think) on the left also look tasty, but they're not very aquatic. And, behind them, the little things in the black shells may be more trouble than they're worth.

Those crawdads in the center are very attractive! There's not much meat inside, I fear. And, I speak from experience.

On the right, the shell full of minnows may be worthwhile, if they're salted a bit.

The question is. . . what's hiding behind the centerpiece? Enough to satisfy my stomach? Nina doesn't say, more's the shame.

Anyway, it's a great picture.

No comments: